Steamboat Mountain School works with 160 students in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade. Many families mistakenly believe they do not qualify for tuition assistance; however, there is no specific income level at which a family is no longer eligible for aid. Eligibility is based on many factors, so you should always investigate the possibility of receiving tuition assistance if you feel you cannot pay all of the costs yourself. At SMS 35-40% of students receive some level of tuition assistance. We awarded over 1.1 million dollars for the 2021-2022 school year, supporting students with a wide range of financial needs.
Steamboat Mountain School also depends heavily on the support of our alumni and friends. As the school calls upon its extended family for support in providing tuition assistance, it is our expectation that families applying for tuition assistance will pursue assistance through their extended family or other scholarship funding (through employers, community organizations, etc.) and make reasonable sacrifices to finance the education of their children.
In order to be considered for tuition assistance, the family must simultaneously complete both the admissions process and the SSS application. The SSS application opens each year on October 1st. The application is due December 6th, 2022 for returning families and February 15th, 2022 for families new to Steamboat Mountain School. To begin your financial assistance application for the coming school year, please follow these steps:
1. Visit School & Student Services Website
- Visit School & Student Services Website and click on “Complete your PFS”.
- A login and password are required to complete the PFS.
- Begin your PFS for the 2022-23 academic school year, and be sure to add our school code so that Steamboat Mountain School will have access to your PFS. Our School Code is 8188.
- You can log out of the PFS website at any time and return later to complete the form.
2. Submit your completed PFS.
- Please note that there is a nonrefundable processing fee. If you qualify for a fee waiver, you will be automatically notified on the processing fee page.
- Once you submit the document, your PFS cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
3. Upload Your Documents
- Upload required documents in the “Manage Documents” section of SSS. Required documentation includes:
- A copy of your most recent tax return (IRS Form 1040)
- A copy of all your most recent W2 Forms as soon as available