Steamboat Mountain School offers one of the very best combinations of academics and athletics. If you are a student-athlete who cares both about your grades and your podium finishes, then Steamboat Mountain School is the school and ski/snowboard program for you. Our academic offerings run in conjunction with the world-renowned Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, makes up the largest group of competitive winter athletes at Steamboat Mountain School. Student-athletes come from all over the country to benefit from the combination of training with the SSWSC and getting the finest of educations at Steamboat Mountain School.
Press: Steamboat Mountain School Strengthens Partnership with Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club and Welcomes New Executive Director
Of particular interest to Steamboat Mountain School is Krill’s extensive background in the integration of academics and competitive athletics. The school, founded in 1957, offers a comprehensive K-12 independent education with day and boarding options for upper school students. The unique modular schedule for upper school students enables student-athletes to pursue academic interests while accommodating the demands of competitive skiing or riding. At a recent information session at Steamboat Mountain School, Krill expressed enthusiasm about the modular schedule, stating, “The schedule will allow our winter athletes more flexibility throughout the entire year, enabling them to cultivate their training, competition, travel, and academic schedules to ensure their success both on the hill and in the classroom.’
Notable Alumni: Alpine Skiing
- Caroline Lalive `97, Three-time Olympian
- Hig Roberts ’09, 2013 World University Games highest NCAA finisher, two-time All-American at Middlebury College, 2012 and 2013 member NCAA National Championship Slalom Team
- Max Marno `09, University of Denver Ski Team
- Anna Marno `10, Former member of the U.S. Ski Team
- Shane McLean ‘10, University of Colorado Ski Team
- Brant Crossan ’10, Current member of the USA Ski Cross Team. Currently ranked 73rd in the world.
- Cooper Puckett ’21, Dartmouth College Ski Team
Notable Alumni: Snowboard
- Nik Baden, current U.S. Team member
- Matt Ladley, current U.S. Team member, gold medal superpipe in Winter X Games XX
- Michelle Gorgone ‘01, two-time Olympian
- Myles Silverman ’15, 5 college racing championships